What support is there for those who are waiting for a diagnostic assessment?

Hi

I went to my GP and she signposted me to the autism service in my local area with a form to fill in. I sent the form off last night and now just waiting for them to reply as to whether I fit in their criteria or not.

Is there any support out there for those who are waiting for a diagnostic assessment? 

What did you do while waiting? 

Parents
  • I have been waiting for 5 years, I had the first half of my assessment many months ago now and my 2nd half isn't due until January/February time. I feel like I'm stuck in no man's land while waiting. I haven't found any support as yet as I constantly question how welcome I am autistic spaces without an official diagnosis. It's a difficult space to be in for sure. What I've done mostly is research and learn as much as I can as I felt that that is really all I can do. 

• I have been waiting for 5 years, I had the first half of my assessment many months ago now and my 2nd half isn't due until January/February time. I feel like I'm stuck in no man's land while waiting. I haven't found any support as yet as I constantly question how welcome I am autistic spaces without an official diagnosis. It's a difficult space to be in for sure. What I've done mostly is research and learn as much as I can as I felt that that is really all I can do. 

Children
No Data