Alone

I am 21 F. I have struggled with mental health for around 7 years quite badly. I have been referred for an autism assessment, and after my research it seems to all make sense now.  I have just had burnout from work, this seems to happen every year and I end up quitting but I can’t as I now have a mortgage.

The waiting list to get diagnosed is 1-3 years and I cannot access any tailored support until then. I have tried so many medications and therapy and nothing ever works.

I am so alone, I feel suicidal, no one seems to be able to help me and I feel like I only have one option left.

I am really really stuck, I can’t seem to enjoy life even tho I have so much ahead of me and so many great people around me, I still feel so alone.

I am hoping for advice, or if anyone can relate. I am high masking and honestly just drained and depressed with no where left to turn.

Parents
  • The waiting list to get diagnosed is 1-3 years

Unless you live in Scotland, you should be able to ask your GP for the "right to choose" a private assessment - this should shorten the wait significantly and cost you nothing (they don't like to advertise it as the NHS has to pay).

Have you had much therapy around your mental health? I would suggest finding a therapist who has experience of autism to talk through your specific issues with - at around £50/hour they are not cheap but if you can focus on what is troubling you most then they can be remarkably useful. I have used one for a few years since my diagnosis and they have helped me tremendously.

You can discuss how you feel here and should find a lot of people who have gone through similar experiences themselves so know how you feel. All we ask is that if you do start any threads talking about suicide that you add (in brackets to the title) the letters TW) - this means trigger warning as the subject has a triggering effect on some people here.

Welcome to the club.

• The waiting list to get diagnosed is 1-3 years

Unless you live in Scotland, you should be able to ask your GP for the "right to choose" a private assessment - this should shorten the wait significantly and cost you nothing (they don't like to advertise it as the NHS has to pay).

Have you had much therapy around your mental health? I would suggest finding a therapist who has experience of autism to talk through your specific issues with - at around £50/hour they are not cheap but if you can focus on what is troubling you most then they can be remarkably useful. I have used one for a few years since my diagnosis and they have helped me tremendously.

You can discuss how you feel here and should find a lot of people who have gone through similar experiences themselves so know how you feel. All we ask is that if you do start any threads talking about suicide that you add (in brackets to the title) the letters TW) - this means trigger warning as the subject has a triggering effect on some people here.

Welcome to the club.

Children
No Data