Help... new member

Hello,

Last week, I was diagnosed with ASD and obviously this is a massive adjustment to try to process. I struggle in busy, overwhelming environments and I'm wondering how I can make this process a bit easier for myself. I wear noise cancelling headphones which help me massively as well as using fidget toys, but I still don't feel like people around me understand or can tell that I'm visibly struggling.

Is it worth me getting something like a lanyard? Or does this draw too much attention to myself for no reason?

I hope that someone can point me in a good direction, I feel so lost since the diagnosis and have no idea how to move forward.

Parents
  • I wear a sunflower lanyard whenever I go to the dentist or hospital or whatever. I haven't had attention at all. A doctor picked up on it but I don't get stared at or anything.

I feel with that, you might be able to avoid the awkward part of telling someone you're autistic. Mine has "I'm Autistic" on the front too.

Noise cancelling headphones is a good idea.  

• I wear a sunflower lanyard whenever I go to the dentist or hospital or whatever. I haven't had attention at all. A doctor picked up on it but I don't get stared at or anything.

I feel with that, you might be able to avoid the awkward part of telling someone you're autistic. Mine has "I'm Autistic" on the front too.

Noise cancelling headphones is a good idea.  

Children
No Data