Newly Diagnosed

I am a 27 year old female that has only received been diagnosed with ASD (I also have a lot of anxiety). It came as a bit of a shock, but from reading my report I feel I want to try and get out more and try to feel more comfortable with who I am. However, I am really struggling to find any ASD friendly groups for adults, everything seems to be for children and young adults. I was wondering if other people have the same issue or if anyone has any suggestions? I’m in the East Midlands area. 

Parents
  • Hi yes as SaraMod says there are local branches of the National Autistic Society.  Also do you know of meetup.com.  There are in person and online meetings which can be accessed by groups on the site. There is an Autism East Midlands group, link below.  Also there is a West Midlands group which people from other parts of the country can attend.  Also if you don’t mind or like zoom meets I have been on some from other countries and found the experience good. Can give you more info if you want. Has been really good to chat with all kinds of people on the spectrum.

www.meetup.com/.../

• Hi yes as SaraMod says there are local branches of the National Autistic Society.  Also do you know of meetup.com.  There are in person and online meetings which can be accessed by groups on the site. There is an Autism East Midlands group, link below.  Also there is a West Midlands group which people from other parts of the country can attend.  Also if you don’t mind or like zoom meets I have been on some from other countries and found the experience good. Can give you more info if you want. Has been really good to chat with all kinds of people on the spectrum.

www.meetup.com/.../

Children
No Data