Newly Diagnosed

I am a 27 year old female that has only received been diagnosed with ASD (I also have a lot of anxiety). It came as a bit of a shock, but from reading my report I feel I want to try and get out more and try to feel more comfortable with who I am. However, I am really struggling to find any ASD friendly groups for adults, everything seems to be for children and young adults. I was wondering if other people have the same issue or if anyone has any suggestions? I’m in the East Midlands area. 

Parents
  • Hi and welcome to the family :-) 

Unfortunately there's very little support out there for adults with autism - so far I've found this forum is the best place for support

So you might want to stick around here it's a really supportive and helpful place to be ^^

Give yourself time there's no right or wrong way to feel after the diagnosis. Take it one day at a time and be kind to yourself

Best wishes - Goosey x

• Hi and welcome to the family :-) 

Unfortunately there's very little support out there for adults with autism - so far I've found this forum is the best place for support

So you might want to stick around here it's a really supportive and helpful place to be ^^

Give yourself time there's no right or wrong way to feel after the diagnosis. Take it one day at a time and be kind to yourself

Best wishes - Goosey x

Children
No Data