How long to receive appointment from autism service after sending forms?

Should I have heard back from the NHS autism diagnostic service by now? I posted my forms (childhood questionnaires etc) back to them two weeks ago. The letter I received with the forms said they'd discharge me if they didn't hear from me by October 26. Do you think I should email them? I can't use a phone.

Parents
  • I was sent the forms around two years after my GP referral. After returning them I was contacted by email within two weeks to set up an initial screening appointment. My remaining appointments took place over the following four months.

I think the process differs so much between different areas that other peoples experience isn't necessarily what will happen in your case. If you can email them just to confirm they have received the completed forms I would do that.

• I was sent the forms around two years after my GP referral. After returning them I was contacted by email within two weeks to set up an initial screening appointment. My remaining appointments took place over the following four months.

I think the process differs so much between different areas that other peoples experience isn't necessarily what will happen in your case. If you can email them just to confirm they have received the completed forms I would do that.

Children
No Data