How long to receive appointment from autism service after sending forms?

Should I have heard back from the NHS autism diagnostic service by now? I posted my forms (childhood questionnaires etc) back to them two weeks ago. The letter I received with the forms said they'd discharge me if they didn't hear from me by October 26. Do you think I should email them? I can't use a phone.

Parents
  • I had the same issue, there was a time limit to return the forms by,  they also stated that if I wasn’t accepted then only my GP would be notified.  The forms had an email address on them and luckily I had photocopied them, I emailed the unit and was replied to within a day. I explained that I get anxious if I don’t know when something is going to happen, the return email said that they understand how I might feel, I had been accepted and gave me a date, the unit only assesses adults and doesn’t take on short notice appointments. The wait was 30 months but the date wouldn’t alter. I email every 6 months to make sure I’m still in the system and always get a swift reply, I shortly only have only one more email to send.

• I had the same issue, there was a time limit to return the forms by,  they also stated that if I wasn’t accepted then only my GP would be notified.  The forms had an email address on them and luckily I had photocopied them, I emailed the unit and was replied to within a day. I explained that I get anxious if I don’t know when something is going to happen, the return email said that they understand how I might feel, I had been accepted and gave me a date, the unit only assesses adults and doesn’t take on short notice appointments. The wait was 30 months but the date wouldn’t alter. I email every 6 months to make sure I’m still in the system and always get a swift reply, I shortly only have only one more email to send.

Children
No Data