How long to receive appointment from autism service after sending forms?

Should I have heard back from the NHS autism diagnostic service by now? I posted my forms (childhood questionnaires etc) back to them two weeks ago. The letter I received with the forms said they'd discharge me if they didn't hear from me by October 26. Do you think I should email them? I can't use a phone.

Parents
  • If you can find an email address that might be a good idea but they aren’t often publicly published so their inbox doesn’t get overwhelmed. Maybe you could ask your GP to check on your behalf? The other thing to do in the future would be to use a tracked post service with proof of delivery

• If you can find an email address that might be a good idea but they aren’t often publicly published so their inbox doesn’t get overwhelmed. Maybe you could ask your GP to check on your behalf? The other thing to do in the future would be to use a tracked post service with proof of delivery

Children
  • Unfortunately my GP doesn't have an email address so I have no way of contacting them other than booking an appointment online, which means a 6-8 week wait. I do have an email for the autism service so I think I'll send them one. I just don't want to be blacklisted as overly demanding, as I already had to email them twice to correct info in the initial referral.