Favourite School Subject.

For me it has always been History, it’s just always, ‘ lit my fuse’, I get absorbed into it. Any era or event is just interesting. I had some good teachers at school who made a difference. My maths teacher, was brilliant, but history has always won. What became your lifetime subject and that one teacher who made a difference.

Parents
  • I love writing essays so I quite liked RE, History, English and Business.

I love analysing patterns and translations so I really enjoyed Italian and French, I have an A Level in Italian. Also as part of the A Level, I learnt loads about Italian culture and history.

• I would love to speak better Italian, Italy is my favourite place to visit.  I did try to learn but have a problem with retention, I normally go into a shop, anxiety, panic and then ask for something in Italian, French and Spanish, this can all be in he same sentence. The shop assistant then normally grins and answers me in English!

• I would love to speak better Italian, Italy is my favourite place to visit.  I did try to learn but have a problem with retention, I normally go into a shop, anxiety, panic and then ask for something in Italian, French and Spanish, this can all be in he same sentence. The shop assistant then normally grins and answers me in English!

Children
  • I normally go into a shop, anxiety, panic and then ask for something in Italian, French and Spanish, this can all be in he same sentence

Funny! You are a polyglot!

When I studied Italian at A Level we didn’t learn the kind of language you would use on a holiday, it was much more complex and included writing essays and analysing a book in Italian.