Unnecessary anxiety??

I am one of a few Jews living in a small Norfolk town. I already have strikes against me being an autistic American with no friends who has experienced my car being "keyed", having two tyres let down, damage to recently installed fencing on my driveway. Now with this Israelie war and an apparent widspread refusal in the UK population to condemn the barbaric attack by Hamas as reported on our News media --- am I being unnecessarily anxious?

Parents
  • It depends.

Why do you assume it's Anti-Semitism? Lots of people get bullied/harangued/harassed and get their property vandalised and the reasons can be unclear unless they actually voiced something. There doesn't even need to be a reason sometimes - people can just be 'inside-out' and looking for a target. Have they actually said anything about Judaism to you? Are you on a local authority estate?

Not sure where you're getting the idea that UK pop' would ever condone any of what's happened?? The whole thing is horrific. 

• If I was a black *** man before all this woke nonsense infiltrated this society --- would your reply still be the same? [edited by moderator]

• What is that supposed to mean?

• My solution is to keep a low profile despite the wellbeing issues it presents

• There is prejudice everywhere my friend, all of the time, for so many things, some obvious, a lot that is not so obvious.

I absolutely do fully understand your position and pain, I know what it is like to not feel safe, I know what it is like to not feel safe in your own home and also when it drags on for years, and I know what it feels like when people are not listening or doing anything to stop it, it takes a huge toll on your mental and physical health.

I do hope you can find a solution, also some peace and respite somehow.

• There is prejudice everywhere my friend, all of the time, for so many things, some obvious, a lot that is not so obvious.

I absolutely do fully understand your position and pain, I know what it is like to not feel safe, I know what it is like to not feel safe in your own home and also when it drags on for years, and I know what it feels like when people are not listening or doing anything to stop it, it takes a huge toll on your mental and physical health.

I do hope you can find a solution, also some peace and respite somehow.

Children