What's the point?

Diagnosed about 6 months ago. I don't feel like it has benefitted me at all. Felt my work had made some adjustments, but just one change in the way we work has undone it all. It hasn't changed the way I feel about myself. I don't feel any better about life either. 

Parents
  • I was diagnosed in early January.  Since then it's been a rollercoaster, but then thinking about it, it was before.  Work wise, I had a reasonable adjustment in place for a fixed desk, then a week later, an office move was announced and I'm having to go through the whole rigmarole again, we'll get there and I'm lucky in that my colleagues are supportive, but it's frustrating at the same time.

Sometimes it does feel like one step forward, two steps back.  However, I am in a much better situation knowing what I'm dealing with, I'm starting to realise it's ok to say "no" to people and that sometimes my own self care is important and isn't selfish.  So whilst I'm still stuck on the rollercoaster, I've got my eyes open now and I'm getting better at knowing where the loops and bumps are.

• I was diagnosed in early January.  Since then it's been a rollercoaster, but then thinking about it, it was before.  Work wise, I had a reasonable adjustment in place for a fixed desk, then a week later, an office move was announced and I'm having to go through the whole rigmarole again, we'll get there and I'm lucky in that my colleagues are supportive, but it's frustrating at the same time.

Sometimes it does feel like one step forward, two steps back.  However, I am in a much better situation knowing what I'm dealing with, I'm starting to realise it's ok to say "no" to people and that sometimes my own self care is important and isn't selfish.  So whilst I'm still stuck on the rollercoaster, I've got my eyes open now and I'm getting better at knowing where the loops and bumps are.

Children
No Data