What's the point?

Diagnosed about 6 months ago. I don't feel like it has benefitted me at all. Felt my work had made some adjustments, but just one change in the way we work has undone it all. It hasn't changed the way I feel about myself. I don't feel any better about life either. 

Parents
  • For me the diagnosis closed some doors (or at least allowed me to see them as closed, and stop wasting energy trying to get through them)  and opened up others.

Since the world of "work" and "money" is inaccessible to me without a helper which I do not have any longer, then all that is left to me, to strive for is to enjoy "being me" and simply accept the limitations that the "poverty" places on my life, and of course find workarounds that would not occur to neurotypicals.  

I'm in my third year since diagnosis, and it takes more than six months to rebalance yourself, I found, and it's not always a great feeling. 

But feeling good then feeling rubbish is a big part of Autism for a lot of us, which is why a lot of us used to get get misdiagnosed in the past.

My first instinct was to come here and try to raise an Autistic Army to go and stick it to the normie oppressors for a change, but, Autism...

I do get to laugh about the absurdity of some of it though. 

• For me the diagnosis closed some doors (or at least allowed me to see them as closed, and stop wasting energy trying to get through them)  and opened up others.

Since the world of "work" and "money" is inaccessible to me without a helper which I do not have any longer, then all that is left to me, to strive for is to enjoy "being me" and simply accept the limitations that the "poverty" places on my life, and of course find workarounds that would not occur to neurotypicals.  

I'm in my third year since diagnosis, and it takes more than six months to rebalance yourself, I found, and it's not always a great feeling. 

But feeling good then feeling rubbish is a big part of Autism for a lot of us, which is why a lot of us used to get get misdiagnosed in the past.

My first instinct was to come here and try to raise an Autistic Army to go and stick it to the normie oppressors for a change, but, Autism...

I do get to laugh about the absurdity of some of it though. 

Children
No Data