Visual Stimming

I love stinming but visual stims are an obsession for me now. I love watching cars with their lights on, I have a lava lamp which I love to stare at.

But it's also led to an unhealthy stim which is staring at the sun, really stupid I know but I can't help it. If it's bright I can't not look. It's led to solar retinopathy for me, first in my left eye two tears ago and now this month in my right eye. I have blind spots and very blurry vision because of it.

But I love stinming and I know the risks but I still love the light. Can anyone relate to this? I've had my dad and doctors checking me for mental stability, if I do it for attention but no one believes or even considers it could just be an autistic thing.

Parents
  • Cororon, sorry to hear about the solar retinopathy. 

Though I understand the urge - I like seeing the sunrise each morning - try to avoid looking at the sun. 

Sometimes bright artificial lights I find calming. 

• I like the idea of artificial lighting. My Granny and Grampy have a lovely fish tank which is built in to their wall, it looks lovely all lit up like a Xmas tree, but it's kind to the eyes. I'm on a mission not to look at the sun again, can't afford anymore damage to my sight.

• I like the idea of artificial lighting. My Granny and Grampy have a lovely fish tank which is built in to their wall, it looks lovely all lit up like a Xmas tree, but it's kind to the eyes. I'm on a mission not to look at the sun again, can't afford anymore damage to my sight.

Children
No Data