Wanting friends

Have you ever had a true friend someone who liked you and didn't judge you? I've been looking for a friend like that, what I would call a true friend. But I've never found anyone like that, in person or online. I feel lonely a lot of the time, I've only got my family but no friends at all.

Parents
  • I tend to have issues maintaining friendships/relationships (family included) but not necessarily making friends.

Sometimes people have said that I have unrealistic expectations of what a friend should be but I’ve came to learn that I struggle to find the words to communicate how I feel when they have upset me and people struggle to understand why I am upset.

I also struggle to be able to accept that people have upset me as I often feel like I shouldn’t be annoyed and I’ve just misunderstood something. Not acknowledging it just builds resentment. 

• I feel you on that. I know that I've been too mechanical about what a friendship should be but I never wanted to hear it from people who didn't actually know me very well (because they didn't understand why that was my thinking).

I would never tell someone that they've upset me or hurt me unless it got really upsetting, which didn't help my relationship with that person.

I feel like I'm being difficult if I assert myself.

• I feel you on that. I know that I've been too mechanical about what a friendship should be but I never wanted to hear it from people who didn't actually know me very well (because they didn't understand why that was my thinking).

I would never tell someone that they've upset me or hurt me unless it got really upsetting, which didn't help my relationship with that person.

I feel like I'm being difficult if I assert myself.

Children
No Data