Referral Form

Hello everyone,

I am 43 and currently being referrred for an ASD assessment. I know the road ahead is long but I am so hoping there'll be some answers at the end of it.

The GP send me a checklist for the referral and there is the part someone who knew me as a child has to fill in.

My question is what is the age range to consider for that form? Some questions my mum would tick different answers for pre and post teenage years. We disagree on some issues obviously but I am a bit thrown by the immense range of "childhood" that little ticklist is meant to cover. It also leaves no options to consider masking issues.

How have you all handled this one?

Thank you so much and it is fab to be here.

Eva

Parents
  • I’m recently diagnosed at 32. My sister completed the section of the form. She noticed a lot more than my parents did growing up and viewed it as ‘that’s just you’ as we didn’t know the word autistic. 

I found that although the checklists were clinical my actual diagnostic interview was very considerate of masking and there was a lot of questions about this. 

• I’m recently diagnosed at 32. My sister completed the section of the form. She noticed a lot more than my parents did growing up and viewed it as ‘that’s just you’ as we didn’t know the word autistic. 

I found that although the checklists were clinical my actual diagnostic interview was very considerate of masking and there was a lot of questions about this. 

Children
No Data