Referral Form

Hello everyone,

I am 43 and currently being referrred for an ASD assessment. I know the road ahead is long but I am so hoping there'll be some answers at the end of it.

The GP send me a checklist for the referral and there is the part someone who knew me as a child has to fill in.

My question is what is the age range to consider for that form? Some questions my mum would tick different answers for pre and post teenage years. We disagree on some issues obviously but I am a bit thrown by the immense range of "childhood" that little ticklist is meant to cover. It also leaves no options to consider masking issues.

How have you all handled this one?

Thank you so much and it is fab to be here.

Eva

Parents
  • I was 50 when I was diagnosed and my mum was 84. (Sadly my dad died a couple of years before I was diagnosed or they could have diagnosed him at the same time as they diagnosed me.) In my case neither my mum or I could provide sufficient evidence of autism in childhood but because I met all their other diagnostic criteria they decided to ignore the lack of evidence in childhood and diagnosed me anyway.

• I was 50 when I was diagnosed and my mum was 84. (Sadly my dad died a couple of years before I was diagnosed or they could have diagnosed him at the same time as they diagnosed me.) In my case neither my mum or I could provide sufficient evidence of autism in childhood but because I met all their other diagnostic criteria they decided to ignore the lack of evidence in childhood and diagnosed me anyway.

Children
No Data