Not recognising when someone likes you

Most of my life i have never been able to recognise when someone likes me, be it male or female, frienship or romanticly. As i have got older i do recognise this better. Also, i never gave marriage a thought. I just didnt think it applied to me. It was never something i considered. 

I also didnt know that i was good at anything. I have always given 150%. This of course has been exhausting. If i couldnt do it well, then i wouldnt want to do it. 

Only in recent years have i recognised these traits. Nothing has changed, except i understand myself better. 

Are these typical traits for autistic people? X

Parents
  • Most of my life i have never been able to recognise when someone likes me, be it male or female, frienship or romanticly. As i have got older i do recognise this better. Also, i never gave marriage a thought. I just didnt think it applied to me. It was never something i considered. 

I relate to that.

Body language has never registered with me. Trying to work out and process what someone is saying takes all of my focus and attention, as I find it so difficult. I don't think it has got any easier as I've got older but I don't really have any in person social contact nowadays.

As for relationships and marriage I too have always considered that to be something that other people did and it didn't apply to me. Even after being on here and realising that some autistic people can and do have successful relationships I still don't get it Confused

• Most of my life i have never been able to recognise when someone likes me, be it male or female, frienship or romanticly. As i have got older i do recognise this better. Also, i never gave marriage a thought. I just didnt think it applied to me. It was never something i considered. 

I relate to that.

Body language has never registered with me. Trying to work out and process what someone is saying takes all of my focus and attention, as I find it so difficult. I don't think it has got any easier as I've got older but I don't really have any in person social contact nowadays.

As for relationships and marriage I too have always considered that to be something that other people did and it didn't apply to me. Even after being on here and realising that some autistic people can and do have successful relationships I still don't get it Confused

Children
No Data