Going to GP on Monday

Hi all, 

I have a GP appointment on Monday morning to discuss and request a referral for assessment. I have looked up a lot of advice for this but thought I would ask on this to hear from people with lived experience. I have made a list of behaviours, difficulties and experiences etc that I think could be linked to Autism and back up my request for a referral.

However, I feel the list has gotten a bit messy and long and i'm worried things will just get lost in translation when I'm talking with my GP.

Does anyone have advice on the main things I might want to look at getting across that will be the most impactful in convincing my GP for a referral? I'm really anxious that I will be denied a referral and I will be left no further forward and feel even more lost. 

Any advice about the whole process would be appreciated.

Parents
  • i dont think it matters too much, they will refer you anyway if you ask. im not sure theyd ever actually refuse.

and a messy list is probably good anyway for this. if your list was done perfect and how theyd want it, like a NT would have done it, then well yeah... you see the point i guess there... they will see your messy long winded word salad notes and be like, yeah, im not reading that but that mess is good enough proof to refer you lol

• i dont think it matters too much, they will refer you anyway if you ask. im not sure theyd ever actually refuse.

and a messy list is probably good anyway for this. if your list was done perfect and how theyd want it, like a NT would have done it, then well yeah... you see the point i guess there... they will see your messy long winded word salad notes and be like, yeah, im not reading that but that mess is good enough proof to refer you lol

Children