Reasonable adjustments at sports competitions

Does anyone have any experience of taking part in sports competitions and any adjustments that they can make to help with anxiety on the day?

I have recently started Brazilian jiu-jitsu and I'm looking at taking part in a competition in November. I've competed previously in kickboxing, but that was with a whole team, whereas this time I'll essentially be "flying solo". I know I'll get incredibly anxious on the day and I don't want to miss any of my timings.

Does anyone have any suggestions for things I could request from the organisers in advance to make the day easier for me?

Parents
  • It's awesome that you're diving into Brazilian jiu-jitsu and gearing up for a competition! Dealing with anxiety on competition day can be tough, but you're not alone. One suggestion might be reaching out to the organizers in advance to discuss any accommodations that could help ease your nerves.

• It's awesome that you're diving into Brazilian jiu-jitsu and gearing up for a competition! Dealing with anxiety on competition day can be tough, but you're not alone. One suggestion might be reaching out to the organizers in advance to discuss any accommodations that could help ease your nerves.

Children
No Data