Job Resignation

Morning all,

I am about to leave my job to become a full time carer for my 2 (soon to be 3) kids. My wife already does this and claims the relevant benefits so it's just a case of signing me up for carers allowance too.

On to my question! I've only had one job before this one, and handed my written notice to the manager in person (retail shop) and it wasn't very fun. Currently in an office job, my manager is the other end of the room in his own office. Can I just email my resignation? I know it will then prompt a chat but I think I would rather that then instigate it myself and do it verbally.

I've gone over the scenario as many times as I can and asked my wife countless times about the process. Any advice welcome on this and how to survive the month long notice period of them going into chaos. (It's a small team)

Parents
  • id imagine it would be fun to hand in my notice... why was it not fun for you?
    did the manager give you grief over it? if so id think the more mad the manager is about it the more id take pleasure in it, they cant stop you going.

• id imagine it would be fun to hand in my notice... why was it not fun for you?
    did the manager give you grief over it? if so id think the more mad the manager is about it the more id take pleasure in it, they cant stop you going.

Children
  • I don't handle confrontation very well, I just go silent and nod. I also feel like I am personally letting that person down - regardless of how they have treated me previously. This time around I feel like I would be inconveniencing the whole team as there are projects coming up they would have wanted me to be heavily involved in.