Multiple Choice Questions

I have always struggled with multiple choice questionnaires. Is this an Autistic Trait?

Parents
  • Well, I hate the ones on MH assessments for anxiety etc...

If there is no suggest multi choice answer which exactly fits, I can't just tick the closest to, I have to annotate in the margins to get the most precise meaning conveyed...which annoys neurotypical assessors. But what can I say, I can't tick what is a bit true or mostly true. It needs to be exactly true.

It's lead to confusion before now, where a string of adjectives sort of indicated where I was but couldn't tick it because one of them was "socially isolated". God! I more likely feel "socially bombarded" . Yet this was the position of the scale the counsellor was looking for and apparently I'm being difficult by crossing out adjectives and writing notes in the margins. Don't they want my absolute truth? Sigh!

• Well, I hate the ones on MH assessments for anxiety etc...

If there is no suggest multi choice answer which exactly fits, I can't just tick the closest to, I have to annotate in the margins to get the most precise meaning conveyed...which annoys neurotypical assessors. But what can I say, I can't tick what is a bit true or mostly true. It needs to be exactly true.

It's lead to confusion before now, where a string of adjectives sort of indicated where I was but couldn't tick it because one of them was "socially isolated". God! I more likely feel "socially bombarded" . Yet this was the position of the scale the counsellor was looking for and apparently I'm being difficult by crossing out adjectives and writing notes in the margins. Don't they want my absolute truth? Sigh!

Children
No Data