What scares you ?

To be aware of it is the scariest thing in the universe --- If it exists outside our perception.  Awareness that we are nothing compared to the size of the universe and our time of existence in this universe is less than the blink of a cosmic eye. Awareness that our senses are drastically limited to perceive the true nature of the universe. Awareness that any amount of scientific knowledge won’t be enough for us to differentiate if the universe is subjective or objective, that we're pre-programmed or we have a free will, that we are created or are we the  result of some random events (or experiment). For me this is my broad view.  At a more personal level what scares you.

Parents
  • I find I scare myself a great deal of the time, as the brain is by far the greatest weapon we have and most of the time it's in control and we're passengers on this journey of life. With depression and mental health problems I often feel terrified of myself.

• Mister.

You make a very good point.

There have been periods in my life when I have been very scared of myself.  Very scared indeed.

In these times, I did not wish to be around people whom I cared about because I feared that my presence in their life could only end up being a negative one.

The thing is though, I have come to understand that it is INTENT that matters more than fear, in the vast majority of perilous situations and in one's own perception of yourself.

If you are scared of yourself, it implies that you have some sort of "power potential".  That is a good start.

Power can be harnessed for good or ill.  If you have no INTENTION of doing something that merits you being scared.....then you shouldn't be scared.  If you scare yourself because of some external circumstance or situation, then it is important to acknowledge that it is not YOU that scares you, but that circumstance or situation.

So....[flipping heck, apologies that this has all turned a bit Alan Watts on your a ss Mister], in my personal experience, respect for yourself is reassuringly close to fearing yourself - so it's not that hard to slide from one to the other.

I became happier, my friend, when I remembered how to respect myself again.

Very best wishes

Number.

• yes, yes, #! is it the self regard, learning to trust ourselves. Such a simple thing. Like flipping switch.

• Thumbsup tone3 no charge for the extra endorphins! You are also a boom-er! thanks. 

• It's always SO satisfying when the "resonance cannon" booms out with a "#, yea" - irrespective of whether I sit from the authorship or readership side of the noise.

Thanks for providing a little satisfaction this morning.

• It's always SO satisfying when the "resonance cannon" booms out with a "#, yea" - irrespective of whether I sit from the authorship or readership side of the noise.

Thanks for providing a little satisfaction this morning.

Children