What scares you ?

To be aware of it is the scariest thing in the universe --- If it exists outside our perception.  Awareness that we are nothing compared to the size of the universe and our time of existence in this universe is less than the blink of a cosmic eye. Awareness that our senses are drastically limited to perceive the true nature of the universe. Awareness that any amount of scientific knowledge won’t be enough for us to differentiate if the universe is subjective or objective, that we're pre-programmed or we have a free will, that we are created or are we the  result of some random events (or experiment). For me this is my broad view.  At a more personal level what scares you.

Parents Reply Children
  • I don’t understand what’s going on in a situation when confronted by someone.

I had a strange confrontation walking my dog in the direction of three neighbours having a chat of which two was a married couple. I stopped to join in (a rarety as I don't usually)  The wife directed a comment to me that I did not hear properly owing to my tinnitus. Her husband immediately jumped in saying "that was a kick in the guts" I didn't wish to cause a ruction in front of the third neighbour by asking the wife to repeat what she had said so I ignored it. This confirmed for me what I already knew, and what I had stated in a much earlier thread. I have no problem with 121 engagement however two or more people in a group is a totally different dynamic and it usually singles me out in some negative way with a focus on my accent, or my origins, or my reluctance to engage socially owing to the first two focal points.