What scares you ?

To be aware of it is the scariest thing in the universe --- If it exists outside our perception.  Awareness that we are nothing compared to the size of the universe and our time of existence in this universe is less than the blink of a cosmic eye. Awareness that our senses are drastically limited to perceive the true nature of the universe. Awareness that any amount of scientific knowledge won’t be enough for us to differentiate if the universe is subjective or objective, that we're pre-programmed or we have a free will, that we are created or are we the  result of some random events (or experiment). For me this is my broad view.  At a more personal level what scares you.

Parents
  • i think being tinier than the tiniest thing you can imagine is actually the opposite of scary.... if anything, id be scared if i was a massive thing because then existance would be tiny in my perspective, like a jail. and youd be more targeted and at risk from everything.

being tinier than the tiniest grain of sand on the largest beach, you dont stick out, you dont get targeted, and you have a massive limitless existance that you cant even see 0.0000000001% of. its better being smaller in scope.

i dont think there is anything scary in reality. i think perhaps scary and terror is just a disorder perhaps... the only time i felt fear and terror are times when i question whether it was some sort of mental hallucination or panic attack or perhaps schizophrenia of some form or a illness of the mind i cant know yet. but weird stuff happening, usually at times when you have been asleep and are vulnerable and you awake with a sense of panic and fear and a feeling that your in danger somehow. and then you hear or see strange things that could be anything from a ghost to a alien in your limited human mind at time, but could be anything, could be some mental illness or hallucination. that is scary as you dont have a choice, your body has chosen already to signal fear and terror for no reason and to make you see strange things or hear them if they are real or perhaps not real who can really know. this is perhaps where people come up with the idea that we fear the unknown, but yet i dont fear the unknown, i want to know the unknown and id feel id be open to knowing what others dont, the fear you feel in these occasions is out of control, a chemical reaction perhaps, not logical, a illness then. therefore it is not real fear despite it being really deep terror, but yet because its perhaps chemical reaction and not rational its not really a true fear. just a false signal being tripped in your body that makes you feel the worst terror.

but yeah, other than false signals, i have never truly felt fear. i suppose because i have felt the worst fear and terror from a false signal any real fear is only mild to me perhaps... and more perceived as a slight nuisance in comparison to the irrational strange false terror i felt from time to time in the night when awoken by strange feelings.

• Some ex-US politician said  "There are known knowns, known unknowns, etc., etc. The majority of fears seem to be centred with "known unknows" or what might be lurking around every corner. I have a very fearful wife like that with what is an apparent  "broken amygdala".

• Donald Rumsfeld although I had heard it before from a cult - sorry, personal transformation organisation - I was briefly involved with before I was diagnosed 

• Go carefully out there!

• Actually they were more like a ponzi / pyramid scheme than a cult.

Reply Children