First time working

I'm doing ok with my working. This is my first job and though I've had a lot of anxiety, I'm doing ok. I monitor motorway cameras, though there's way more to it than that I've got to update the system every couple of minutes on the traffic congestion and weather. It's an interesting job to be honest and I'm enjoying it so far. It can be stressful but I think that's to be expected.

I'm feeling proud though that I've got to this stage in my life. A few years ago I was depressed and a anxious mess, I couldn't leave the house and didn't see much of a future and now I'm here, working and living a little. Unfortunately my physical health is pants but that's undergoing treatment so I should be better again soon if it all works out.

Parents
  • motorway cameras? interesting.
    i never seen jobs like that listed when i did searches, is that a high paid job? 
    and can you book people on regular cameras like if you caught someone dangerous driving or perhaps clearly speeding but the camera isnt a speed camera can your station book people for that stuff on the regular cameras?

• It's not high paying but it is interesting work. It can be boring at times, the last week most of the days not a lot was going on, the cars were just sat there not moving Grin 

The picture quality isn't great it's more like an old phone with low pixels camera quality, can see the cars, but can't make out the plates on them. It's literally to monitor the amount of traffic and visibility, then also we can inform emergency services to take an alternative route if the motorway isn't moving.

• It's not high paying but it is interesting work. It can be boring at times, the last week most of the days not a lot was going on, the cars were just sat there not moving Grin 

The picture quality isn't great it's more like an old phone with low pixels camera quality, can see the cars, but can't make out the plates on them. It's literally to monitor the amount of traffic and visibility, then also we can inform emergency services to take an alternative route if the motorway isn't moving.

Children
No Data