Struggling…

I’m completely burnt out. I’m exhausted, depressed, unmotivated, irritable, hopeless…

I've been researching for help on how to recover but I can’t seem to find anything useful. All I can find is “focus on your special interests”… but I have no interest in those things at the moment!

I’m tired, but can’t sleep. I can barely talk, stumbling over my words constantly. No interest in doing anything at all. My body aches and I’m a zombie, no emotions, like I’m a robot. 

Doe’s anyone have any advice at all? I’m really losing hope. 

Parents
  • I'm so sorry you're struggling so badly, you know you can send me a message anytime.

I know how you feel about the lack of emotions. I haven't cried properly in nearly 2 years cos I've become numb to everything. I can let out a tear here and there but not much more than that.

Yeah I've tried a lot of those suggested things with regards to burnout but it's not easy. My first suggestion would be to be as kind to yourself as you can, but I know even that can be difficult sometimes.

This forum is here for you if you need our help, and I'd like to think talking about it would help you a bit. It's better than keeping everything bottled up.

So yeah. You're not alone. Slight smile

• Thank you! 
    I’m trying to be kind to myself but it’s difficult :( 

I definitely feel better since I discovered this community but sometimes I don’t even have to strength to pick up my phone! 

I really appreciate everyone here x 

• If you can, I'd definitely reduce the pressure you put on yourself. I realised I was doing that a lot too and it didn't do me much good.

Maybe make a list of the things that make you the happiest on a good day, and max them out so to speak? These are just suggestions of course.

I'm glad you feel better. I really appreciate getting to know you too. Slight smile

• If you can, I'd definitely reduce the pressure you put on yourself. I realised I was doing that a lot too and it didn't do me much good.

Maybe make a list of the things that make you the happiest on a good day, and max them out so to speak? These are just suggestions of course.

I'm glad you feel better. I really appreciate getting to know you too. Slight smile

Children
No Data