Attention span

I am just wondering if it’s a common trait in autism to have a poor attention span.

I can’t watch tv or a film with out my iPad as I find it impossible to sit still and relax.

If I am getting a massage I can’t switch my brain off and I find it really hard to listen to people in a conversation and find myself interrupting people all the time.

Parents
  • I think it is yeah

Short attention span is something I've always had. When I read and try to watch stuff I lose interest fast and go and do something else. I've got so many unfinished things because of it!

• Yeah... finishing things is an issue for me..

I can be full on into it, be there, very intensely....

Then - something else attracts my attention and off I go. 

I'm probably going to come back to whatever I've Abandoned at some point, with renewed interest- but it could take a while. 

• Yes I know exactly what you mean

You're really engrossed in something and then literally you're just like was that a squirrel outside guess I'll go and check :–) 

I was watching a movie the other day and abandoned it lol it's still on my list of things to watch ^^

• Yes I know exactly what you mean

You're really engrossed in something and then literally you're just like was that a squirrel outside guess I'll go and check :–) 

I was watching a movie the other day and abandoned it lol it's still on my list of things to watch ^^

Children
No Data