Govt making further benefits cuts

Are members aware of this recent development? The article is behind the FT paywall ( I subscribe) and I can only post one image at a time here so I’ll put key screenshots in comments below. The unions are challenging it of course but given the hostility of a large proportion of voters to disabled people plus the government’s genuine need to either reduce spending or increase taxes the outlook isn’t good for those on benefits. 

Parents
  • Well their going to need to cut something, to continue perma-booking four-star hotels, and to continue subsidising net-zero.. 

• Or because they woefully mismanage the national finances and are just looking for an easy target. 

• The incompetent don’t stop at the weak though, once the weak are expended they’ll start attacking the ‘bourgeoisie’, they’ll do anything to fuel their tyranny..

Everybody is so quick to punch down on the ‘underclass’ aka ‘the canary in the coal mine’..Confused

But once the meat shield is expended they’ll look to the next smallest target, the rich and socialites, then the middle class, then the working class.. then collapse.

• The incompetent don’t stop at the weak though, once the weak are expended they’ll start attacking the ‘bourgeoisie’, they’ll do anything to fuel their tyranny..

Everybody is so quick to punch down on the ‘underclass’ aka ‘the canary in the coal mine’..Confused

But once the meat shield is expended they’ll look to the next smallest target, the rich and socialites, then the middle class, then the working class.. then collapse.

Children