How long have people waited

How long is it generally for an adult to be diagnosed.

I am now on the waiting list.

Parents
  • For me it was over 2 years from being referred to the first of my diagnostic appointments. The diagnostic process itself was long and drawn out, with several appointments over around 6 months. All in all it took nearly three years.

It was hard as there was no contact at all while on the list or even between appointments. I did not have a clue what was happening the vast majority of the time and such uncertainty is hard for an autist to cope with. Their communications specifically stated not to contact them for updates.

• For me it was over 2 years from being referred to the first of my diagnostic appointments. The diagnostic process itself was long and drawn out, with several appointments over around 6 months. All in all it took nearly three years.

It was hard as there was no contact at all while on the list or even between appointments. I did not have a clue what was happening the vast majority of the time and such uncertainty is hard for an autist to cope with. Their communications specifically stated not to contact them for updates.

Children
No Data