How long have people waited

How long is it generally for an adult to be diagnosed.

I am now on the waiting list.

Parents
  • You’re not going to like this but THREE WEEKS!  But there was a very particular reason: I’d landed myself in a psych ward following a very serious suicide attempt and it was appreciated there that my problems were a result of autism not serious mental illness. The fast tracking which resulted is I now realise very rare but apparently, and they whispered this to me, a policy on psych wards. Of course I’m absolutely NOT recommending attempting suicide as a fast track path but it is actually what happened in my case. 

• You’re not going to like this but THREE WEEKS!  But there was a very particular reason: I’d landed myself in a psych ward following a very serious suicide attempt and it was appreciated there that my problems were a result of autism not serious mental illness. The fast tracking which resulted is I now realise very rare but apparently, and they whispered this to me, a policy on psych wards. Of course I’m absolutely NOT recommending attempting suicide as a fast track path but it is actually what happened in my case. 

Children
No Data