On the beginning of my journey.

I have been referred now by my doctor, I am 51 years old, I know it’s quite late in my life but I want to find out, my 20 year old daughter has recently been diagnosed autistic so it’s likely that I have it too. I want to know why I got bullied at school and why my peers don’t get me and why I come across as rude and silly sometimes, I’m also quite immature for my age which is probably also a trait, is there anyone else with similar circumstances on here.

Parents
  • Hi  

I was referred by my doctor a few months ago, so another 2 years or so to wait for an official diagnosis. I am 61. By all accounts, doing the various tests around the internet, I currently identify as being autistic. It does seem to explain all the challenges I have had throughout my life. I have been masking well, though I am doing so less now according to my wife of 32 years who is reeling from the discovery! I can definitely relate to you.

• Hi  

I was referred by my doctor a few months ago, so another 2 years or so to wait for an official diagnosis. I am 61. By all accounts, doing the various tests around the internet, I currently identify as being autistic. It does seem to explain all the challenges I have had throughout my life. I have been masking well, though I am doing so less now according to my wife of 32 years who is reeling from the discovery! I can definitely relate to you.

Children
No Data