On the beginning of my journey.

I have been referred now by my doctor, I am 51 years old, I know it’s quite late in my life but I want to find out, my 20 year old daughter has recently been diagnosed autistic so it’s likely that I have it too. I want to know why I got bullied at school and why my peers don’t get me and why I come across as rude and silly sometimes, I’m also quite immature for my age which is probably also a trait, is there anyone else with similar circumstances on here.

Parents
  • Hi Linz,

Welcome and thanks for posting!

I totally understand where you're coming from - I'm just recently (in July) diagnosed at 52, after my 21 year old son received a diagnosis earlier in the year and on reading his diagnosis I realised it could have been me it was written about. I'm looking for the same answers as yourself to be honest, why was I bullied, overlooked at work, etc - I can also be immature, but do love to laugh when I can.

I don't have many answers yet to be honest, but there are many people around our age on here who certainly seem to - I hope you find the forum helpful and supportive and am always here to chat if it'd help

• Hi Linz,

Welcome and thanks for posting!

I totally understand where you're coming from - I'm just recently (in July) diagnosed at 52, after my 21 year old son received a diagnosis earlier in the year and on reading his diagnosis I realised it could have been me it was written about. I'm looking for the same answers as yourself to be honest, why was I bullied, overlooked at work, etc - I can also be immature, but do love to laugh when I can.

I don't have many answers yet to be honest, but there are many people around our age on here who certainly seem to - I hope you find the forum helpful and supportive and am always here to chat if it'd help

Children
No Data