Covid isn’t over.

Felt rough for the last couple of days and today feel light headed and tight chested. Did a test earlier and two lines immediately came up. I have covid again, my wife is a District Nurse and said that numbers have been rising with a new strain. Only bonus is I won’t have anyone come near me. My wife’s fellow nurses bought her a bunch of flowers yesterday for her birthday, the covid I can cope with, the Lilly’s in the bunch are driving me insane.

Parents
  • Those getting COVID, this time, only have short term effects. Usually good after about three days.

I swear to God, if there'll be another lockdown I'll give up on humanity.

• Given the choice between another lockdown or a repeat of last time when they delayed and pretended it would be fine rather than make the tough but correct decision, I'll take another lockdown please. 

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. 

• To this day the experts are debating whether lockdowns were worth the social and economic cost. Remember poverty also kills people and we may be on the verge of extremely difficult economic times. The cost in terms of life years may yet prove to be greater from lockdown. Especially if you look at life years as opposed to lives, where life years takes into account the number of years left someone probably had to live when they died of covid / poverty.

you see Covid primarily killed the old, but poverty from lockdown will primarily kill the young who other wise would have long lives ahead of them.

• Up here in Scotland there is an independent public inquiry into Scotland's response to, and the impact of, the COVID-19 pandemic, and to learn lessons for the future.

The Inquiry has a web page asking Scots to share their own experience of the pandemic.

https://lbh.covid19inquiry.scot/embeds/projects/22570/survey-tools/24638

Is there a similar request for people to share their own experience of the pandemic in England?

Reply Children