Covid isn’t over.

Felt rough for the last couple of days and today feel light headed and tight chested. Did a test earlier and two lines immediately came up. I have covid again, my wife is a District Nurse and said that numbers have been rising with a new strain. Only bonus is I won’t have anyone come near me. My wife’s fellow nurses bought her a bunch of flowers yesterday for her birthday, the covid I can cope with, the Lilly’s in the bunch are driving me insane.

Parents
  • I will hazard to say covid will never be over, just like flu and colds and noro will never be over. It's just part of the background we have to live with now.

• Yes indeed.  Well, the Spanish Flu never disappeared either.  It just did what COVID is doing, mutate into less pernicious but more transmittable strains.  The virus won't survive if it kills all it's victims and it knows this.

I accept COVID is with us forever, but it still has the potential to kill and it makes no sense to me NOT to be vaccinating the whole of the population still.  

You would think even from the mercenary economic perspective the government likes to take it would make sense.  Less COVID circulating, less work and school absence.  Plus medical phobes like me, who still spend winter almost locked down (I have never had COVID yet because I won't go out in winter), might have the confidence to go out and use a few services like restaurants and cinemas and help keep the economy moving.  

It make no sense whatever to deprive the young, even the nearly elderly - I'm 58 and won't qualify - of a vaccine this season.

• Yes indeed.  Well, the Spanish Flu never disappeared either.  It just did what COVID is doing, mutate into less pernicious but more transmittable strains.  The virus won't survive if it kills all it's victims and it knows this.

I accept COVID is with us forever, but it still has the potential to kill and it makes no sense to me NOT to be vaccinating the whole of the population still.  

You would think even from the mercenary economic perspective the government likes to take it would make sense.  Less COVID circulating, less work and school absence.  Plus medical phobes like me, who still spend winter almost locked down (I have never had COVID yet because I won't go out in winter), might have the confidence to go out and use a few services like restaurants and cinemas and help keep the economy moving.  

It make no sense whatever to deprive the young, even the nearly elderly - I'm 58 and won't qualify - of a vaccine this season.

Children
No Data