Covid isn’t over.

Felt rough for the last couple of days and today feel light headed and tight chested. Did a test earlier and two lines immediately came up. I have covid again, my wife is a District Nurse and said that numbers have been rising with a new strain. Only bonus is I won’t have anyone come near me. My wife’s fellow nurses bought her a bunch of flowers yesterday for her birthday, the covid I can cope with, the Lilly’s in the bunch are driving me insane.

Parents
  • You may as well say that the flu isn't over unfortunately - covid has become so widely embedded globally that new strains will evolve just like flu does and we will have wave after wave for the indefinite future.

Like the flu, covid is a nuisance for most but deadly to a small minority but flu is not treated with the same fear as it is just a part of life, much as covid will become.

I wonder why we don't take the same precautions against the flu now? Common sense says we should but I don't see it in action.

• You may as well say that the flu isn't over unfortunately - covid has become so widely embedded globally that new strains will evolve just like flu does and we will have wave after wave for the indefinite future.

Like the flu, covid is a nuisance for most but deadly to a small minority but flu is not treated with the same fear as it is just a part of life, much as covid will become.

I wonder why we don't take the same precautions against the flu now? Common sense says we should but I don't see it in action.

Children
  • Annual flu jabs, for the over 65's, immuno-suppressed, people with certain health conditions- e.g. diabetes, coronary heart disease, asthma etc. Carers of the above. I've had asthma from childhood, so I get a flu jab. 

The base vaccine is tweaked every year, usually rolled out early-mid October. 

I missed it one year, and really, really wished I hadn't - naturally I caught flu... Rolling eyes