How do you know when your full when eating?

No matter how much I eat, I always feel hungry. I've had this for as.long as I can remember, I'm just used to the constant pain in my stomach. I find that when I get to a certain point when eating that my jaw hurts and eating just makes the pain worse. Is that how it feels when you are full, the pain you feel when hungry but much worse? I am very confused by this and don't understand it at all.

I only recently had the thought that my jaw hurting and the stomach pain getting worse was being full because I don't know how it's supposed to feel when full.

I hope this makes sense. I am not good at explaining it. Please let me know if this doesn't make sense and I will try to explain it better.

Parents
  • Hi,

Up until about 3 months ago I experienced the same as what you describe but I assumed I had a large appetite... It was always a joke with friends and colleagues (once set a work record for 23 pizza slices on a lunch break). I would often have 18in pizzas, two starters and a main.

I used to say to people I only judge what I should eat by the portion I get... If in a restaurant, I would have a starter, main and dessert and still be hungry but I accepted that I had eaten what the population would eat and the hunger feeling afterwards was what everyone felt.

getting back to the 3 months, this is when it was suggested I was autistic... I started investigating and to cut a long story short, and as per other comments... This hunger is inkeeping with autistic traits. It is all very frustrating and weird to find out that people dont feel hungry 24/7 so once I get an official diagnosis... It may be smething I raise as a big problem for me.

• Hi,

Up until about 3 months ago I experienced the same as what you describe but I assumed I had a large appetite... It was always a joke with friends and colleagues (once set a work record for 23 pizza slices on a lunch break). I would often have 18in pizzas, two starters and a main.

I used to say to people I only judge what I should eat by the portion I get... If in a restaurant, I would have a starter, main and dessert and still be hungry but I accepted that I had eaten what the population would eat and the hunger feeling afterwards was what everyone felt.

getting back to the 3 months, this is when it was suggested I was autistic... I started investigating and to cut a long story short, and as per other comments... This hunger is inkeeping with autistic traits. It is all very frustrating and weird to find out that people dont feel hungry 24/7 so once I get an official diagnosis... It may be smething I raise as a big problem for me.

Children
No Data