How do you know when your full when eating?

No matter how much I eat, I always feel hungry. I've had this for as.long as I can remember, I'm just used to the constant pain in my stomach. I find that when I get to a certain point when eating that my jaw hurts and eating just makes the pain worse. Is that how it feels when you are full, the pain you feel when hungry but much worse? I am very confused by this and don't understand it at all.

I only recently had the thought that my jaw hurting and the stomach pain getting worse was being full because I don't know how it's supposed to feel when full.

I hope this makes sense. I am not good at explaining it. Please let me know if this doesn't make sense and I will try to explain it better.

Parents
  • Hello.  

Have you heard of interoception? Interoception is the sense that allows humans to detect and respond to the internal state of our bodies which includes hunger, thirst, temperature regulation, pain , emotions, needing the toilet and more.

Many of us in the autistic community have interoception differences including heightened or reduced responses to our bodily signals. Your situation is a great example of possible heightened interoception.

I apologise if this doesn’t seem relevant to your situation.

You may relate to this article below:

https://www.authenticallyemily.uk/blog/interoceptive-awareness-in-autism-and-adhd

I hope this helps!

• Hello.  

Have you heard of interoception? Interoception is the sense that allows humans to detect and respond to the internal state of our bodies which includes hunger, thirst, temperature regulation, pain , emotions, needing the toilet and more.

Many of us in the autistic community have interoception differences including heightened or reduced responses to our bodily signals. Your situation is a great example of possible heightened interoception.

I apologise if this doesn’t seem relevant to your situation.

You may relate to this article below:

https://www.authenticallyemily.uk/blog/interoceptive-awareness-in-autism-and-adhd

I hope this helps!

Children
  • I have heard the term a few times but never really understood what if meant. Now I know what it is, it makes sense now. Whenever I've heard interoception mentioned, it had always been to do with lower interoception. I never knew heightened interoception was a thing. This is really helpful.

I've read the blog post and if is super helpful. I have saved it so I can go back to it if I need a reminder. Thank you so much.