University Timetable

A couple of days ago I posted on here about wanting to pay attention in lectures. However, I managed to have a look at my timetable today for September-December and I have 7 hours of lectures every Monday split into 9am-1pm and 3pm-5pm. Unfortunately, at least 4 of these hours are for a module where part of your grade is dependent on your attendance.

I know no one can help me, and the school has never done anything about timetable issues in the years gone past so it's not possible for this to get changed. I'm just very worried for how I am supposed to cope with this. It will completely wipe me out :(

Parents Reply Children
  • Yes there is the disabled students allowance, but on top of that a lot of universities have alternative sources of funding to support autistic students. the DSA takes a bit longer to be processed but other sources of funding can be faster. 

• The way the act is worded the provision automatically ends as soon as you enter higher education. Or you reach 25 which ever happens sooner.

additional help for university would indeed be covered by the disabled students allowance or by the more general duty to make reasonable adjustments

• I think its a Disabled Students Allowance..

• I read that post 16 institutions and further education that was named has provision, but I guess that doesn’t mean higher education institutions that don’t provide those types of education. However I understand that the ECHP is in effect until 25, and still identifies key issues and needs, so perhaps it is useful for authentic informational evidences.

I was caught a little late to have been through the university provisions, but do believe that there are provisions that can be awarded, per university.

• I hate to point this out but the ECHPs do not apply to universities. In fact the rules on ECHPs say that they cease to have effect as soon as the ‘child’ goes to university.