Your Suit Of Armour

I wrote about this in response to another thread recently but thought it deserved its own.

I'm keen to recommend an approach I've been using to keep me feeling confident going in to any social situation.

Before entering the situation adopt a mindset of being kind.

Whatever is said to you, in whatever type of conversation, if you are, at minimum, intentionally kind in your responses then whatever happens you can leave the situation knowing you did a good job.

Of course this kindness could be ridiculed or taken advantage of, but even then,byour mins can be at peace and you can stand there safe in your very thick, very kind, suit of armour.

Try it, it works :)

I went to two kids parties this weekend with my son. Myper-stimulatimg and way too much to handle in general. But using this approach I navigated many conversations and left in secure peace of mind knowing I was kind to everyone I interacted with.

Parents
  • The armour of righteousness, integrity will keep you from despair, because you know that you are in the place you are unjustly. I used to think that the knowledge that I couldn’t go any lower, was what kept me alive, but really it was that I had established a fixed point within myself that I could make reliable measurements with..

If I knew I had done what I thought was right, then I was able to stay fixed, as my opposers probed for cracks and did the manoeuvring.

• The armour of righteousness, integrity will keep you from despair, because you know that you are in the place you are unjustly. I used to think that the knowledge that I couldn’t go any lower, was what kept me alive, but really it was that I had established a fixed point within myself that I could make reliable measurements with..

If I knew I had done what I thought was right, then I was able to stay fixed, as my opposers probed for cracks and did the manoeuvring.

Children
No Data