how do I not misunderstand other people's intentions and then going off on one?

I sometimes get in to a one sided misunderstanding with people and I don't know their intentions or if they're upset with me or angry which in return makes me angry and I snap at them only to find out they have no ill intent or they're not upset or angry I then start hurling insults and going angry in the street shouting at myself then I hit things, and it ruins my day because I misunderstood someone, how do I stop this or any advice 

Parents
  • I don't think you'll ever be able to know for sure how they feel about it, but you can work on your response.

I think you need to separate out those two issues, because the misreading isn't the problem; it's jumping from thinking they might be upset to yelling at them. 

• I don't yell directly at them, I yell at myself later on after thinking of their response going over it in my head, and not saying anything to them

• Sorry, I didn't read the hurling insults and going angry in the street as being the same thing. 

Do you feel like asking them if they're upset or whatever would be doable? Or if that feels like too much of a huge deal, you could try just a quick "sorry, I didn't mean..." and they'll quickly jump in to correct you if everything was cool after all.

• Sorry, I didn't read the hurling insults and going angry in the street as being the same thing. 

Do you feel like asking them if they're upset or whatever would be doable? Or if that feels like too much of a huge deal, you could try just a quick "sorry, I didn't mean..." and they'll quickly jump in to correct you if everything was cool after all.

Children
  • no worries :D yeah it's usually when I'm walking away from the person when I start to react and it's a bit embarrassing that I'm shouting at myself while walking down the street fortunately I've never had anyone react to me 

I think I also get angry because I think they're taking advantage of me being vulnerable so they think they can talk to me like that but then I get told it's just a misunderstanding and I read it wrong and I feel so guilty afterwards and I don't live on my own so I end up being loud and get shouted at which gets me in to arguments

not a bad idea I could just ask them, sometimes it does end up like that sometimes and I'll apologise for the misunderstanding thank you for the advice