Relationships

What's your experience been?

I haven't been in a relationship before but I'm considering it, like doing online dating. But I've read how relationships don't have a high success rate for autistic people.

Parents
  • I’ve been in a relationship for 3 years and i’m autistic. I don’t think in certain aspects it’s harder and there has to be an understanding on their end that you (i know i do) may find certain things confusing or overwhelming and may need some time alone. I’m saying this i do believe it’s 100% possible. I use to think it was never going to happen for me, but if your open and meet the right person, it definitely can be successful in my opinion 

• I’ve been in a relationship for 3 years and i’m autistic. I don’t think in certain aspects it’s harder and there has to be an understanding on their end that you (i know i do) may find certain things confusing or overwhelming and may need some time alone. I’m saying this i do believe it’s 100% possible. I use to think it was never going to happen for me, but if your open and meet the right person, it definitely can be successful in my opinion 

Children