Relationships

What's your experience been?

I haven't been in a relationship before but I'm considering it, like doing online dating. But I've read how relationships don't have a high success rate for autistic people.

Parents
  • Hey Karma, 

I think you're super brave and bad-ass for putting yourself out there. The idea of doing the apps gives me the 'ick' probably because they are dependent on being pretty, cool or otherwise generally attractive and I am none of those things. So there would be no reason to stop (or swipe) on my profile.  

Personally, having been in two long term relationships, I find life a lot happier and simpler alone. Never having to dance to someone else's beat, never having to compromise on what to eat for dinner, never having to attend their boring family events never having to do someone else's laundry. 

I think it's great for those who it works for, but I hear a *lot* of complaints from my coupled-up/married friends that I feel lucky to not have to deal with.

I guess it isn't for everyone.

• Hey Karma, 

I think you're super brave and bad-ass for putting yourself out there. The idea of doing the apps gives me the 'ick' probably because they are dependent on being pretty, cool or otherwise generally attractive and I am none of those things. So there would be no reason to stop (or swipe) on my profile.  

Personally, having been in two long term relationships, I find life a lot happier and simpler alone. Never having to dance to someone else's beat, never having to compromise on what to eat for dinner, never having to attend their boring family events never having to do someone else's laundry. 

I think it's great for those who it works for, but I hear a *lot* of complaints from my coupled-up/married friends that I feel lucky to not have to deal with.

I guess it isn't for everyone.

Children
No Data