Relationships

What's your experience been?

I haven't been in a relationship before but I'm considering it, like doing online dating. But I've read how relationships don't have a high success rate for autistic people.

Parents
  • Dating is massivley about luck. I dated nobody until I was 30 and had my own place and the internet had been invented. It was very diffrent at the start and not the casual thing it is now. I had a 3 years, then a couple of 6 month relationships before I met my wife, we have been married 17 years. I had no idea at the time about ASD and only found out 3 years ago. I would say be honest, , if not right at the start, but on date two, don't get caught up too quickly, and realise some people are just not worth the effort but somewhere there is somebody who is.

• Dating is massivley about luck. I dated nobody until I was 30 and had my own place and the internet had been invented. It was very diffrent at the start and not the casual thing it is now. I had a 3 years, then a couple of 6 month relationships before I met my wife, we have been married 17 years. I had no idea at the time about ASD and only found out 3 years ago. I would say be honest, , if not right at the start, but on date two, don't get caught up too quickly, and realise some people are just not worth the effort but somewhere there is somebody who is.

Children
No Data