What are the coping strategies that work for you?

Hello everyone.

Something I am really struggling with understanding advice and help from friends/family. People like to express their ways of dealing with the problems I have like they are an easy task.

Specifically dealing with social paralysis, and not being able to stop over thinking before reaching out thus leading to avoidance.

It seems to be that the done thing to be "mindful" and "exercise".

I am aware that one could make adjustments to adopt these habits.

What adjustments, protocols and tools do you guys use when dealing specifically with social paralysis, and not being able to stop over thinking before reaching out thus leading to avoidance.

Parents
  • My "episode" of social paralysis that really springs to mind (measured in many, many months) took the form of manifesting the feelings of things like.....I don't want to see my "friends", I'm toxic......I don't want to go out, what's the point......what the hell am I....what is it that I want to do.....what the hell have I got to say.....what the hell have I got to do......why do I feel so alone.  After a few weeks of hiding out under a rock, it can become a dangerous habit stretching into whole seasons of months.

I unlocked and eventually overcame myself with a variety of self help, unbelievable tolerance from those around me, and the grace of God.

Exercise was key.  Just being out amongst people was an important discipline to self-enforce.  You don't have to do something specific - you certainly don't need to meet or interact with people......just make sure you do get out there around other humans.  Remind yourself that it is quite interesting just to be "out."

Do be mindful.  Yes, it is trite and not easy to do and it takes different forms in different souls, but I do think it is important.  Praying, reflecting, pausing, meditating, jogging, yoga, etc.  Whatever you can find (ie contemplate actually doing) - keep trying things.

Finding a way to craft a life for yourself that resembles balance, comfort and sustainability.........takes frigging ages - literally a whole lifetime!  Just do little things and keep moving yourself and your thoughts forward.

I understand about avoidance btw.

Sorry that I can't deliver a simple few practical tips for you, but hopefully you can mine some use from within the above jumble.

Best wishes.

• I get you. It really is about living life. There's a lot of fundamental things I neglected throughout my life because I was purely observing the world. I feel like I am waking up more and more as each year passes which is a pure gray area as to how I feel about it. Thanks for your kind words I appreciate them

• I get you. It really is about living life. There's a lot of fundamental things I neglected throughout my life because I was purely observing the world. I feel like I am waking up more and more as each year passes which is a pure gray area as to how I feel about it. Thanks for your kind words I appreciate them

Children
No Data