What are the coping strategies that work for you?

Hello everyone.

Something I am really struggling with understanding advice and help from friends/family. People like to express their ways of dealing with the problems I have like they are an easy task.

Specifically dealing with social paralysis, and not being able to stop over thinking before reaching out thus leading to avoidance.

It seems to be that the done thing to be "mindful" and "exercise".

I am aware that one could make adjustments to adopt these habits.

What adjustments, protocols and tools do you guys use when dealing specifically with social paralysis, and not being able to stop over thinking before reaching out thus leading to avoidance.

Parents
  • Try not to seek to understand advice if your genuinely wish to take it on, instead seek to memorise it, then over time and with practice you will begin to absorb it, and finally one-day whilst you are not looking you will just understand.

Autists deal with learning by memorisation and exposure, yes it is the long way around, but you just have to trust in your feet and keep going. It’s not easy being neurodiverse in a world of neurotypicals, that can just have things declared to them, autists have a remarkable tendency to bounce back given time.

So my advice is to stick to your own lane, follow those who interest you, and keep on moving forward, it’s not easy but autist tend to become artists after practice. Don’t seek to understand what I’m stating, just follow if it seems right to you and one-day it’ll just make sense, if nothing else you’ll make something original just in trying to imitate it..

• Thanks I really appreciate your response. It is calming 

Reply Children
No Data