Inflammation

I'm still trying to understand what burnout is because I feel like it manifests in different ways.

Currently, I'm in an IBD flare up. This comes after a busy summer, stress about work, parenting, and I'm about to move house (so have been selling ours, with all the difficulties that brings).

Mystified as how to cure my IBD flares I recently read a book by Temple Grandin who openly discusses her journey. The part that interested me was where she says she started taking an antidepressant and this put an end to her colitis flare ups.

So I was wondering, how does burnout manifest in you, has medication helped you, and do you think burnout is why I'm so sick again?

Parents
  • Yeh inflammation is worse when ur stressed and stress will worsen ur health problems like depression and prolonged inflammation is known to increase chances of cardiovascular disease and even cancer. But its even been shown that some medicine and exercises like yoga do actually reduce inflammation cause they release certain hormones that many u feel calm and relaxed.

I started yoga myself and drinking soothing tea and my tummy health is much improved and inflammation lessened. On days when I'm stressed like over college I feel inflammation flare up. I hope this helped u.

• Yeh inflammation is worse when ur stressed and stress will worsen ur health problems like depression and prolonged inflammation is known to increase chances of cardiovascular disease and even cancer. But its even been shown that some medicine and exercises like yoga do actually reduce inflammation cause they release certain hormones that many u feel calm and relaxed.

I started yoga myself and drinking soothing tea and my tummy health is much improved and inflammation lessened. On days when I'm stressed like over college I feel inflammation flare up. I hope this helped u.

Children