Unfair ex employers

Hello

I have recently been diagnosed with Autism and ADHD at the age of 45. I am really angry about the way former employers treated me even though this was 5 years ago. I have a strong sense of justice that causes me to get into trouble when I see things that aren't right and I speak up. My ex-boss didn't like this and victimised me which caused massive mental health issues and a breakdown.

Is it still possible to get legal redress for my situation even though it is more than 5 years ago? I have only just recovered from this ordeal and started to read my emails and it is shocking what happened to me but i wasn't strong enough to take action at that time.

Thank you 

Lee

Parents
  • Hey Lee :) 

I'm not sure if there is any recourse if they have just 'been mean' to you, but if there was anything like unfair dismissal then surely you could still take that up with them. 

I would suggest you contact an employment lawyer local to you right away, send them an email outlining what aspects you felt were illegal (not just nasty) and ask for an idea of whether they think you have a case or not. I think they will advise this on a yes/no basis for free, after which you can look to actually hire them or not. 

Citizens advice may also have resources? 

GOOD LUCK. 

• Hey Lee :) 

I'm not sure if there is any recourse if they have just 'been mean' to you, but if there was anything like unfair dismissal then surely you could still take that up with them. 

I would suggest you contact an employment lawyer local to you right away, send them an email outlining what aspects you felt were illegal (not just nasty) and ask for an idea of whether they think you have a case or not. I think they will advise this on a yes/no basis for free, after which you can look to actually hire them or not. 

Citizens advice may also have resources? 

GOOD LUCK. 

Children
No Data