Swimming

So I'm having a flare up of my Crohn's disease today. Had really bad stomach pain and diarrhea all night and all today (it's now 3pm).

Yesterday, I went to a friend's and was lucky enough to use their swimming pool. A real one off.

However, I noticed last time I went to the swimming baths I had a flare up of my IBD the day after.

Do I find swimming particularly stressful do you think? Does anyone else experience this bodily response to swimming?

It could be good related, but just seems so coincidental!

I'm so frustrated, I just want to get on with life but my body always reacts to things and makes me incapacitated

Parents
  • Chlorine aside, swimming pools can be a little... unhygienic. I believe I heard that the chlorine smell is the reaction that cleans the water, so if you smell chlorine it means the job isn't finished. So it might be the general whatever in the water that you're having a bad reaction to because your body is especially sensitive rather than the chemical. 

• Chlorine aside, swimming pools can be a little... unhygienic. I believe I heard that the chlorine smell is the reaction that cleans the water, so if you smell chlorine it means the job isn't finished. So it might be the general whatever in the water that you're having a bad reaction to because your body is especially sensitive rather than the chemical. 

Children
  • Just surprised at how sensitive. I'm sensitive to noise, light, and pharmaceutical treatments (have to massively reduced doses), but hadn't thought a quick dip on a swimming pool would do anything