why is autism so isolating

ive noticed as an adult that i am extemly isolated and lonely. i have my girlfriend (also adhd) but no matter how hard i try at work to actually be friends, they will always just be co workers. my therapist doesnt know how to help me make friends and online chat rooms have been no help. My girlfriend does not have this stuggle. she is in bands, she is in school and works, and she has friends in all of them. is it just me? why cant i make friends. i am struggling and i am alone. i need help. i struggle with suicidal idiations and the more alone i feel every day the more it worsens, i had a friend and he ghosted me after 5 years. i dont know what to do, any advice aprriceated

Parents
  • There is a line from a song by James that says "amongst friends but all alone" I find it sums up my experiences perfectly. We have friends but don't recognize that we have them, also differentiating between a friend and an acquaintance is something I just can't see.

• There is a line from a song by James that says "amongst friends but all alone" I find it sums up my experiences perfectly. We have friends but don't recognize that we have them, also differentiating between a friend and an acquaintance is something I just can't see.

Children
No Data