why is autism so isolating

ive noticed as an adult that i am extemly isolated and lonely. i have my girlfriend (also adhd) but no matter how hard i try at work to actually be friends, they will always just be co workers. my therapist doesnt know how to help me make friends and online chat rooms have been no help. My girlfriend does not have this stuggle. she is in bands, she is in school and works, and she has friends in all of them. is it just me? why cant i make friends. i am struggling and i am alone. i need help. i struggle with suicidal idiations and the more alone i feel every day the more it worsens, i had a friend and he ghosted me after 5 years. i dont know what to do, any advice aprriceated

Parents Reply
  • Ive found everyone i try to talk to are either bots or old men looking for a relationship. Im also trans so when i tell people that it turns them away and if they hang around long enough and i bring up autism they get the idea that i am complety incomitent and underdeveloped and dont wanna talk to someone they veiw as a child

Children
  • I get that too, you just have got build up your chops around that sort of infantilising, i also know it the other way around, you’ve just got to roll with the punches and take what need to take..  

Your opinion is valid and it’s unique, in that you have so far to go and an individual character, relative to some, but not others..

I don’t really get effected by infantilisation, in forums, that much, because 90% of the time I don’t need a second party to make my point..Sweat smile